Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A city of waterfalls without water!

I woke up with a bad case of sinusitis, must be due to the cold nights and the cold blast from the AC. Anyway, I was still dazed when I saw Hubby leave for work and I was holding V (baby girl). I sat down and played Glee's album "Journey to Regionals". It was great.... but I was still dozing off... then I remembered I also had their Power of Madonna album so I put it on and was energized with Express Yourself and Like A Virgin... haaayyy really adore Madonna, takes me back to my elementary years...that's how long Madonna has been singing?

Oh...enough of my ramblings... on with the post...so needless to say I was singing and belting out Borderline when my nanny arrived and said there will be a water interruption today. So I got like ...huh? go check the water now...and my sis-in-law says... yeah there' no more water... and I went like "why you did not tell me?"... so the short story is...we do not have water...to bath the babies, to go to the CR and to wash the dishes! We had 2 jugs of purified water, so at least we had something, for drinking and cooking.

What is  ironic about this is that Iligan is known for being the CITY of WATERFALLS....and yet the city's water system is a royal pain in the ass...I am fortunate enough to have flowing water 24 hours everyday....but for some areas in the city they only have 3 to 6 hours of flowing water. But today we have a water interruption... which was poorly announced thus many of us are left dumbfounded... without water for the whole day...

To make fun of our predicament...no use getting frustrated about it... we got banana leaves for eating...so we would not have to wash dishes...and I told my househelp they have to go to the mall if they need to use the CR! anyway it is just a mere 5 to 10 minutes from us, so might as well do it there! For the babies...well thank God for baby wipes! I could have kissed the inventor of baby wipes now! But they were not able to take their baths, so they kind of feel hot and icky... but I will just give them a sponge bath to cool them down.

Good day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment