Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Backyardigans

I had the unfortunate luck of finding a dvd of The Backyardigans and of course thinking how my little boy loves music and dancing, I bought it and hoped he would like it and maybe I would have some respite from his questions and mumblings...the end result?
He liked it so much, I can't even hear anything else in the house, even in my sleep I sing .."we're going to Mars" and "I make pie...like a samurai!" Oh...don't get me wrong...among the dvd's I have bought and downloaded, The Backyardigans seem to be the best one. I have all the Baby Einstein, Brainy Baby, Baby Can Read, Little People, Super Why and Little Einstein, some where too advanced for my baby, and some where too babyish...The Backyardigans where the most appropriate and probably the most enjoyable. The melody of the songs were modern and easily accessible, but what I like most about it is that the characters sing the story of the episodes and they actually make use of imagination as they pretend to be on adventures. My baby also likes it that first thing he does when waking up is to ask anyone to put the dvd on and open the tv.
One morning, I heard him humming the songs and he actually was in tune! He also has a favorite episode and he keeps repeating it no matter what time of day. His dad is complaining because he can't even watch the news on tv! I guess we just have to buy another tv...and of date...I had to find another copy of the dvd because the one I bought was already worn out!

Boinga! Boinga!

No comments:

Post a Comment