Tuesday, June 8, 2010

All about Bam

Why Bam?
My 22 month old son is beginning to acquire language and although he can communicate effectively, he still can't pronounce the words right. He calls me BAM! with the exclamation point for emphasis. Why? I really have no idea... of course his dad calls me Mom, so maybe he imitated it but could not get the mmmm sound right. But he calls me Mama when his hurt or just need a tight hug...so its not that. But whatever the reason for being called BAM!, I like to think it is special.

I heard someone say that mothers should have a creative outlet, because taking care of babies can drive anyone crazy. I don't really agree with the statement, because, although, at times I feel horrible and frustrated, I never get crazy. I do believe though that we should all have a creative pursuit, and mine is writing. Which basically explains the existence of this blog. I had been blogging for some time, and had several blogs about different things, but, sometimes life gets in the way, and I had to give it up for lack of time and sometimes, lack of inspiration.

But now, I have plenty to write about, and this blog will just be about my personal journey into the challenges and triumphs of motherhood. I also have a 5 month old baby girl, so you see, am going to be mothering two babies at the same time! so do come back and check out my funny, insightful, sometimes emotional accounts of my life as a mother to two babies.

Joie de vivre!

No comments:

Post a Comment